We have a regular programme of formal meetings and workshops (on the first Thursday of the month), complemented by informal socials on the third Thursday where we read and discuss some of our work to other members over a pint at the Organ Grinder pub. Thanks to Clair, our Programme Secretary, for pulling this together!
Formal Meeting Dates
- 9 January* – Anne Howkins – Flash fiction. Anne is one of Fosseway’s flash fiction specialists, being able create exquisite stories in just a few hundred words. (It’s also the launch of our annual Poetry Competition)
- 6 February – Patsy Collins – Effective Characterisation and Dialogue. Patsy has produced five novels as well as writing short stories and books on the art of writing.
- 5 March – Clare Stevens – readings plus writing exercise related to one of the themes in her book ‘Blue Tide Rising’.
- 2 April – Megan Taylor – Fictional Characters. In this creative writing workshop we’ll use published examples and practical exercises to explore creating characters very different from ourselves.
- 7 May – Poetry with Leanne Moden, including the results of the poetry competition.
- 4 June – Newark Book Festival preparation meeting (& launch of our Flash Fiction Competition).
- Sat 11 – Sun 12 July – Newark Book Festival.
- August Summer Social – details to be confirmed.
- 3 September – AGM and results of the Flash Fiction competition. (Launch of Short Story competition).
- 1 October – Workshop on Kickstarting Your Plot – Stephen Booth. We’re delighted to welcome back the award-winning crime author.
- 5 November – Results of Short Story competition with Alex Davis.
- 3 or 4 December – Christmas Social. Exact details & venue to be confirmed.
All meetings, whether formal workshops at Knights Court or informal read-outs at the Organ Grinder, are 7-9 pm.
* Note that January meetings are on the 2nd & 4th Thursday rather than the normal 1st & 3rd Thursday.